Turbo Sauce

n/a
Notes:
DoctorZombies from Florida

3.46/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Growler obtained at brewery yesterday 5/27/20. Cloudy deep gold with large rocky mixed bubbles white head; excellent cap retention, heavy ring, heavy lacing in clingy bands that sheet the glass from pour to terminus. Nose is skunky, earthy, oniony, cat pissy grapefruit rind; some dank but mostly onion aroma. Grapefruit bitterness, pineapple, mango, kiwi; onion and garlic dominate as it warms in glass; malt base sweetness balances the bitterness. Creamy feel; medium fullish body; moderate carbonation; astringent hop burn on tip of tongue; no warmth from 8%. Overall, I don’t like the onion/garlic nose/taste (Mosaic ruins, for me, another otherwise well made IPA); I like the grapefruit bitterness, and the tropical fruit flavors, but can do without if they come at the expense of a cat piss nose and an onion taste; bottom line, I’ve had much worse NEIPA, and this beer is at least drinkable from a mouthfeel standpoint and when I focus on the, for me, positives I can finish this growler; otherwise, a straight up one and done.

May 28, 2020