Dubbel Trubbel | TableRock BrewPub

Style: Belgian IPA

Added by JohnGalt1 on 03-25-2011

Reviews by Glibber:
3.77/5  rDev -4.8%

Pours a cloudy amber color with minimal light tan head that dissipated quickly to leave partial covering on the top surface of the beer. A nice aroma of dark fruit, light citrus, and a little hops. A good taste, floral tones with a little sweetness (honey and plum), on the front end, and some light hops on the back. This one really grew on me. The first few sips, I noticed the alcohol, but it really chilled out after that. Some lingering hops/bitterness, but overall one of the better Belgian style beers I had lately.

4.12/5  rDev +4%

Edit: I wasn't too sure if I should enter this in as a Dubbel or a Belgian IPA... but I think the wonderful hop profile pushed it out of the Dubbel realm and into Belgian IPA.

This is the 2nd (how did I not hear about the 1st?) Collaboration brew between Table Rock and Sockeye. They call the collaborations "Rock'em Sock'em". The label is awesome with the rock'em sock'em robots with little arm patches on the biceps of the robots... Great label.

I actually purchased the bottles at Sockeye, I hear the COOP is getting some tomorrow, and I don't know if they are available for takeout at Table Rock. Shared this one with Inflatablechair.

Pours slightly hazed deep amber/red .. nice lacing from a good lasting tan head.

Nose is really interesting... tons of bubblegum phenols.. a little clove and a fairly abundant fruity hoppiness.... sorta citric and tropical... amarillos?? a little bit of dry toasty malt presence adds a nice layer of complexity.

Flavor mirrors the nose with a good bitter bite up front that quickly gives ways to a good Belgian tag... dry and plenty of yummy pink bubblegum phenols.... not much in the way of esters except maybe some imaginary raisin toward the finish. Fruity hops play nicely with a mild toasted malt note mid palate and then on the end the phenols accentuate the overall dryness of the brew allowing a nice lingering pithy hoppiness.

Body is a solid medium... so is the carbonation... This brew is a thinker... I'm glad to see some collabeeration locally and some proper experimentation. Good work to all the brewers from both breweries.

4/4.5/4/4/4