Double Dry Hopped Pulse Wave

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 15
4.3/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

A – 4
Pours a golden yellow, halfway between translucent and opaque. Some floaties, but nothing distracting. Fluffy white head that leaves a bit of lacing behind.

S – 4.5
Fruity, a little dank and pine, when still quite cold. Slight plum, vibrant peach, ever so slight dankness, maybe something of an onion note, but that could be coming from the kitchen where my girlfriend and her friend are preparing homemade spring rolls. After walking in there and coming back, I’m thinking it was definitely a hop note as it’s gone now. I haven’t gotten onion much in the past from beers, but I quite like onion, so it makes me happy.

T – 4.25
Bubblegum is at the forefront when still cold, with a nice mélange of soft tropical fruits and some peach and generic darker stone fruit. Warmth brings a nice roundness to these flavors, lacing them amongst each other. It also adds a slight dank, piney quality.

M – 4.25
Soft, pillowy. Nearly medium body, a very slight resin. Lightly carbonated.

O – 4.25
A very nice IIPA. I preferred Dreamweapon from earlier today, but this is a similar beer in profile, with additional alcohol. It would be a great beer for sitting in the backyard after work, slowly sipping it as I practice my French or enjoy one of the delicious dinner concoctions my girlfriend often prepares.

Double Dry Hopped Pulse Wave from Grimm Artisanal Ales