Both Sides Now

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Both Sides NowBoth Sides Now
Notes: Golden sour beer fermented with aged hops and a mixed culture, aged in select oak barrels, and refermented with four pounds per gallon of peaches, raspberries, and apricots.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 9
4.19/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Picked this up recently at Grimm, as I've enjoyed the rest of their recent bottles that I've bought. Like those, that had a memorable hue to it and a lovely flavor profile to it that was easy to enjoy, even for someone like me who doesn't drink a ton of America Wild Ales!

The hue of this beer looked like strawberry puree as it came out very cloudy and muddle with plenty of spongy, salmon head to top it off. That quickly settled as there was very little lacing left on the side of my pint glass once I started to work my way through this. Lots of oak, strawberry, raspberry tartness, and fermented peach and apricot in the nose with the fruit really coming through in the taste. Not terribly funky or yeasty, this was a smooth sipper that was somewhat moderately carbonated and pretty slick on the palate.

There wasn't a lot of booze in this one either as that contributed to this beer's ease of enjoyment. Just a few large bits of dark sediment were at the bottom of the liquid when I finished this off as a heavier wooded taste lingered once I finished the liquid off. This was another fun beer from Grimm that would have me, once again, coming back to them for more in the near future!

Both Sides Now from Grimm Artisanal Ales