Racogne | Schilling Beer Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Schilling Beer Co.
New Hampshire, United States
schillingbeer.com

Style: Belgian IPA

Added by GrotiusM on 02-17-2015

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 27
3.76/5  rDev -9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Loved this at the brewery, took a crowler home and popped it a few days later. Poured into pint glass

Appears translucent dark gold. half finger of white head weakens to thin layer of foam. Nicely understated.

Faint smell of caramel and honey malt. A hint of piney hops. Vegetal

Taste starts mild, slowly bitterness builds then fades to a crisp, light cracker-like finish.

Very drinkable, below medium, slightly watered down even--I thought I remembered it being a little more carbed at the brewery, but not sure how it would have lost carbonation in a crowler. Just a little too thin, really needs more prickle.

Overall I really liked this beer in the day at the brewery, but I felt differently about it the second time around on a night at home. Tasted much better both times after a little warming. A nice sessionable brew, would recommend if you are in that mood.

4.53/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Stopped in to Schilling for dinner recently while visiting friends and wow was this place is impressive. My buddy recommended I try this beer and I couldn't believe what I was looking at. I have hardly ever seen a more beautiful beer. Hazy orange with a two finger white head in a Schilling tulip glass. I wanted to shrink myself and swim in it. It's listed as a belgo pale ale, the smell is mostly Hops with a slight yeast component. The taste follows suit, you get hints of the Belgian style along with a strong hop presence. And what a taste. I don't think I have ever had a 5 abv pale ale that burst with this much flavor. It's just absolute deliciousness. I made a run to Hill Farmstead that weekend and tried a lot of their beers. Racogne more than held it's own against all but Abner. It's that good.

4.09/5  rDev -1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

On tap at the brewery. Sampled on July 18, 2015.

This pours a hazy yellow tone with a white fizzy head that lingers for a little while.

Tropical and floral hops define the nose in a big way that I did not expect given the style. Unfortunately, it tends to supersede the Belgian characteristics I anticipated. But it still smells nice.

The body is light to medium.

Mildly sweet malt start in the taste but those floral, tropical, and pine hops move in to up the bitterness to the very end.

Racogne from Schilling Beer Co.