New Holland Cole Porter | New Holland Brewing Company

4.43 w/ 1 ratings

New Holland Brewing Company
newhollandbrew.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by granger10 on 04-30-2005

Liked:
4.43/5
Alströms:

4.43/5  rDev 0%

I had this beer at the brewpub, review is from notes:

Super dark, pitch black appearance with a lighter shade shown when held to light. Nice fluffy tan head holds up quite well. Just tons and tons of sticky lacing along the glass. I love it! Aroma is really smoky and has a bittersweet chocolate element to it. Black patent malts are also there. Intense roastiness as well. This is almost like a schwarzbier/baltic porter combination in the mouth. Really creamy body combined with black patent malts. It seems like beachwood was thrown in here as well. Dark chocolates are there along with a slight earthy hoppiness and notes of espresso. Finish lingers in its roasty intensity. These are the kind of beers I like! The only fault I may have is that the roastiness and dark flavors of this beer may grow old after a couple pints b/c of the lack of counterbalance, but personally, that doesn't matter much to me. Great intense flavor.

New Holland Cole Porter from New Holland Brewing Company