I Like My Sugar With Coffee & Cream

Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
I Like My Sugar With Coffee & CreamI Like My Sugar With Coffee & Cream
Notes: With Vanilla, Hazelnuts, Milk Sugar and Coffee. The best part of waking up…
Reviews: 7 | Ratings: 15
4.5/5  rDev +7.7%

UHad on tap at OH Roc. Understand all the reviews but I loved this brew. Did not find this overly sweet. Pushy with vanilla, coffee and hazelnut/chocolate. Deep rich reddish dark brown with creamy softer head still reddish tan. Beautiful.
ABV does raise its head with some booziness...but not off setting if you grew up with Avery.
Great sipper in modest amounts. Would be a great end of day sipper instead of a port; would be great with a big Cuban.

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours dark with no head. Pretty thick and syrupy. Big sweet coffee aroma. Very sweet, loads of coffee mixed with sweet vanilla and light hazelnut coffee creamer. Moderate carbonation. Overall a bit sweet but a fun dessert beer, very enjoyable.

5/9/19
500 ml. Title - thanks Adam!
4.25 rating

4.03/5  rDev -3.6%

This full bodied, softly frothy ale tastes like sweet mocha with milk sugar and maple, finishing sticky dry bringing out vanilla. More of a dessert than a breakfast but, undeniably pleasing.

4.38/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Picked this up a few weeks back at Other Half, having never had this before. Yes, I'm there a lot and yes, I love what they've been putting out so my reviews towards them are a bit biased! With that being said, this was a solid stout that tasted just like it's moniker - if you're into sugar, you've found your match here as this was about as sweet as any Stout that I've ever had. This tasted like an Imperial Breakfast Stout although I'd never have this early in the morning, because of the booze factor!

Lovely pour to this as the beer was thin, coffee-hued, and topped off with a complementary, mocha head that was soft and silky at the same time. Tons and tons of lacing was left behind as I worked my way through this as it was nearly a sheet with little gaps of rings between the suds. Tons of coffee, cream, sugar, spicy chocolate, hazelnut spice, and booze in the nose as all of them came through in the taste. Lots of banana and brown sugar came in when I sipped this as this had quite a bit of complexity for something resembling a cup of morning joe. Thin on the palate, slightly roasted, and sweet from start to finish, this was a Stout unlike any that I ever had before.

To be fair, this was a beast but never felt or tasted like it. That was probably for the better as I really liked this and felt like it was something that was freshly brewed and enhance to my liking. While not a complete winner, this was fun and flavorful and sometimes, that's all you could ask for in a beer. Would be nice to have version of this with more coffee and less sugar, in a more "raw" sense of the word!

4.44/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Bottle poured into a teku glass

Dark brown liquid, rich,creamy brown foam cap with good retention, good lacings

Aroma of sweet coffee

Taste is of sweet, rich , creamy coffee, hint of hazelnut, little vanilla

Heavy, syrupy mouthfeel, low sudsing, coffe taste lingers but doesn’t bite or burn

Good dessert beer

3.56/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

This should be renamed I Like My Sugar with Sugar and More Sugar.

This one pours a very dark black color, with a small head, and no lacing.

This smells a bit like coffee, but otherwise mostly like pure caramelized sugar and very sweet coffee creamer. This smells like it's gonna melt my teeth.

The aroma proved prophetic here. The coffee used is pretty nice here, but the the base stout is just too sweet, and it just feels like they dumped a bunch of cupcake frosting and coffee creamer in here. It's just too much sweetness - it's hard to get down. There's a good beer somewhere here, but it needs to be retooled a little bit.

This is medium bodied, and a slow sipper, due to the intensity of flavors. It's got a light level of carbonation.

I've normally very much liked Other Half stouts. There was some enjoyable aspects to this, but it was just way, way too sweet.

4.21/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Great stout with vanilla, hazelnuts, and overall creaminess like a chocholate milkshake. Amazing balance in this beer and a must try for any stout aficionado.

I Like My Sugar With Coffee & Cream from Other Half Brewing Company - Brooklyn