Line @ Garnet

Gots
SCORE
Very Good
Line @ GarnetLine @ Garnet
Notes: We love you all. Thanks for all the crazy lines over the years and for being part of our incredible community. We know we have one of the best beer fams in the game and we greatly appreciate you all and feel lucky to have had the opportunity to get to know so many of you over the years. This wheat and oat driven little number has our hand picked Citra, Cashmere and Nelson Sauvin.
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 12 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.16/5  rDev -1.4%

Poured from a can (2/4) into a small glass taster

L: opaque orange juice, on the lighter side. decent white head that stuck around for a few minutes, nice lacing

S: tropical fruits for sure, less in your face than other OH IPAs but certainly still there. Passionfruit/mango with a sharper citrus backbone

T: fruit carries through with a little more bite. A sort of spicy note I can't quite place, overall what I'd expect

F: well carbonated, smooth, medium body maybe a little thin but not off by any means

O: a good IPA, nice tropical notes and not overly sweet

4.46/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Spent 5 and a half hours yesterday on Garnet St, Smith, then Centre in Brooklyn, to get this. Decanted from a 16 oz (473 ml) can into a Captain Lawrence muffin top taster; canned 2/4/20, code GO AWAY MAXIM. Obtained at the brewery on its release date.
A: Pours a cloudy, golden to aged brass color with a no more than one finger head with little more than a rim of retention but luxuriant rings of lacing.
S: Cracking the can, I got immediate white grapefruit, barley, and nectarine. Aromas include papaya, coriander, and a very strong showing of caramel. Pine in the background a bit.
T: Semisweet. Palate largely follows the nose, barley and coriander quite a bit more in play. Relatively and, I emphasize, relatively light bitterness for the style, but solid.
M: Medium bodied with moderate effervescence. Creamy and tingly.
O: A complex and evolving flavor experience. Glad I was there today and able to get this. Also, fair to say, I thank G-d for level headed OH aficionados and the NYPD.

Line @ Garnet from Other Half Brewing Company - Brooklyn