Kickflip
Bissell Brothers Brewing Co.

Rate It
Score:
Ranked #28,404
3.83 | pDev: 7.57%
From:
Bissell Brothers Brewing Co.

Maine, United States
Avail:
Rotating/Seasonal
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 13 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Greenlabel from New Hampshire

4.18/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Not many Cream Ales on the local retail shelves these days other than the omnipresent green cans from Genesee. Thus, I was very pleased to obtain a 16 oz.can of Kickflip in a recent trade. Quite mild and not as creamy as I anticipated. The 5.5% ABV helps in giving it good body without dominating in the taste. Good but not excessive malt presence. Since BB doesn't distribute in my area I don't know whether this is a seasonal or year-round product but I think it fits into most any time of the year and I'll be happy to purchase a 4- or 6-pack it if available when I visit Maine in the near future.

Feb 14, 2020
IvoryFoxhole from Virginia

3.97/5  rDev +3.7%

16 oz. can dated 9/19/18 purchased at brewery. Poured into Guinness glass.

L: 3F big foamy head, leaves spotty white lacing and a cap and ring. Beer is a pretty clear light straw.

S: Yeast and malt, not quite lager-like, but grainy.

T: Creamy (yeah, I know), malty. A veritable field of grains. Pretty neutral finish.

F: Medium body, moderate carbonation. Quite drinkable. Good balance and construction.

O: Only a few reviews, but I feel you guys are giving this too hard of a time or don't care for the style. This is a very decent cream ale.

Oct 16, 2018
Kickflip from Bissell Brothers Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 84 out of 100 with 13 ratings