Sabroconut Island

Very Good
Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 10 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
champ103 from Texas

A: Pours a clear golden/yellow color. A two finger white head forms with good retention. Light lace is left as the foam recedes.
S: A dank and pungent aroma up front. Kind of a generic stone and tropical fruity aroma that works well. Citrus/lemon rind mingles as well as coconut. I have never gotten "coconut" from hops or an IPA until this, I have always heard it as a descriptor for Sabro, but I could never pick it out. Definitely here though and I like it.
T: Citrus, lemon rind, topical fruits. Again that coconut. Clean cracker like malts. Melon rind, and a lingering bitterness.
M/O: A medium body with good carbonation. Crisp, clean and finishes dry. No alcohol in sight, and really easy and enjoyable to drink

Kind of a tweener of a regular and Imperial IPA. Not sure I would put this all the way in the Imperial/Double IPA style, but no bother. Just enjoyable and something I can come back to. Which is Saint Arnold's MO. Interesting that I do get quite a bit of coconut here, as that is something I have never really picked out in an IPA. Maybe a little bit of power of suggestion, but think Saint Arnold just knows what they are doing.

Jun 01, 2020
mothman from Minnesota

Can. White head with lace.

Golden color. Slightly cloudy, mainly clear. Lots of coconut. Stone fruit, earthy and floral hops. Fruity and tropical. Medium bodied. Can’t taste the abv. Smooth.

May 31, 2020
puck1225 from Texas

3.77/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Not a bad beer but a bit dull.

Poured from a can into a tulip glass. Clear yellow color with decent head and good lacing. Citrus smell and taste. Fairly light and refreshing for an imperial IPA. Like I said not bad but a. It boring on the taste.

May 18, 2020
H-TownMcBuck from Texas

4.06/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Light golden clear color. Smells tart, little danky, citrusy, and alcohol notes. Flavor is robust, hoppy, nice yeast notes, and with alcohol finish. Hard for me to nail down the hop profile, but I like it. Medium body, decent carbonation. Poured it out of a can. I like it and would buy again.

May 09, 2020