Hurricane IPA | Storm Brewing

Storm Brewing
British Columbia, Canada
stormbrewing.org

Style: American IPA

Storm Brewing packs the Hurricane IPA with enough hops to circumvent the no longer British dominated globe twelve times over. Starting with premium Canadian two row barley, pure clean West Coast water and finished with mounds of Magnum, Lublin and Junga hops. The result is a rich, golden, intense beer with bitterness in perfect balance with residual sweetness.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-25-2004

3.9/5  rDev -1%

3.62/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%

3.75/5  rDev -4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.58/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.75/5  rDev -30.2%

4.25/5  rDev +7.9%

4.71/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This has been my favorite local brewery and IPA which I compare all of my fresh brews too for over 15 years now. I've followed Storms Hurricane IPA through its slight changes and loved them all. Storm is a true micro brewery. Thank-you James for staying true.
Vancouvers best reliable IPA ever.
Richard

4.58/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%

4.5/5  rDev +14.2%

2.5/5  rDev -36.5%

4.45/5  rDev +12.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

On tap at Falconettis in Vancouver.

A: 3/8" soapy white head and straw coloured liquid with excellent clarity.

S: Citrus, hops, and some malt.

T: Hops and malt in a crisp package with a nice aftertaste.

M: Medium carbonation and medium thickness.

O: Well balanced IPA, hoppy but not as bitter as some with some malt to it as well. A tangy and easy drinker.

3.2/5  rDev -18.8%

Alibi Room. A high IBU hophead feed, not blanced. Citrus aroma. Cloudy orange with lacey head. Orange taste but off-orange taste. Fresh of course but undercarbonated. Like an orange flavored (high hopped) ale. I understand that this is a jazz beer, somehwat different every time.

4.07/5  rDev +3.3%

I sampled this on tap at the Baru Latino on a recent trip to Vancouver. According to the other present reviews of it sor far there seems to be an inconsistent quality issue regarding it. However I must have lucked out because I was quite impressed with what I had the chance to sample (enough that I ordered 3 pints of it).

My pints were served with a small creamy white head on them (although I saw they sat for a bit before they were brought to the table). Nice slightly hazed bright golden colour. The nose had a lot of sweet biscuity malt to it, along with the piney/flowery sweetness of what I took for cascade hops. The flavour also had a nice balance of sweet biscuity malt with the hops, neither overpowered the other. The flavour also had a sort of ginger/citrus sweetness to it as well that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Smooth full body for the mouthfeel, a real easy drinker, it definitely was turning into a session beer for me. I liked this IPA a great deal, it's definitely something I will order again when back on the west coast. A fine introduction to Storm for me.

4.2/5  rDev +6.6%

This was from a growler I picked up at the brewery. I have had this beer 3 or 4 times and the quality had varied but this example was very well put together. The hops were grapefruity and fairly dominant but the malt backbone made the beer. This is now one of my favourite BC IPA's and I recommend trying one at various establishments in Vancouver. Bring a growler to the brewery and they will fill it for a good price.

Hurricane IPA from Storm Brewing