Raspberry Ale | Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub & Guesthouse

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by JanM on 08-14-2007

Reviews by JanM:
4/5  rDev 0%

To tell the truth, I did not think I would like Raspberry Ale at all. When the waitress brought the glass the raspberry scent swooped in across the table like a perfume. It's been described as a "pinkish cooler" and without tasting it I would have written off its popularity as a west coast phenomenon. But as a matter of fact the beer was pretty good. It was cloudy and had a honey yellow color, just a little foam and rather low carbonation. The first sip tasted very much like raspberry but after a few seconds strong bread notes set in and I realized that the two tastes mixed very well.I wanted more. A surprise and a whole lot better than Spinnakers thin Titanic Stout that I sampled at the same visit.

Raspberry Ale from Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub & Guesthouse