Help Yourself To My Neighbour's Pool

SCORE
n/a
Help Yourself To My Neighbour's PoolHelp Yourself To My Neighbour's Pool
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
Ratings by nullbort:
4.34/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by nullbort from Canada (ON)

Apr 10, 2022
More User Ratings:
4.01/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25
by thehyperduck from Canada (ON)

Bomber from the brewery; no packaging date and served slightly chilled.

Pours a hazy golden-orange colour, producing more than a finger of foamy, soapy white head that fades within three minutes or so. A modest ring of lace is left behind, along with a sudsy collar and filmy cap - looks alright to me, but prepare yourself for the bottoms, which are loaded with clumpy sediment. Light mango on the nose, with added notes of grain husk, apricot, candied orange and peach smoothie, as well as a few flowery hop notes.

A very nice, well-balanced milkshake IPA - the peach, mango, and hop flavours are all accounted for, with none of them necessarily overshadowing the others. Peach, milk sugar, doughy pale malt and grains come through at first, with notes of mango and mandarin orange next in line. More stone fruit, mango and lactose sugar into the back end, which also features hints of vanilla, passion fruit, and floral, weakly earthy hop bitterness; suggestions of peach and stevia persist into the aftertaste, which heads in an off-dry direction. Medium-full in body, with moderately low carbonation that lightly tickles the surface of the palate, lending a modicum of crispness to this brew's smooth, luxurious & fulfilling mouthfeel. Quaffable as all hell.

Final Grade: 4.01, squeaking out an A-. Help Yourself To My Neighbour's Pool is one of a vanishingly small number of peach beers that I think really does the fruit justice. I honestly have no idea if they used real mango & peach, or flavourings/extracts, or some combination of the two - my guess is #3, but regardless, it has just the right amount of peachiness for me. Worth the price, and something I'm sure many denizens of Sarnia would love to see brought back at some point - I mean, who doesn't love a peach smoothie?

May 14, 2022
Help Yourself To My Neighbour's Pool from Refined Fool Brewing Co.