Mango Chipotle

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
BlissJunkie from Michigan

3.69/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

There isn't much special about this beer other than it's uncharacteristic style, especially from this brewery.

The only place I have seen this is at Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival. When I inquire about it, no one at the B.O.B. in Grand Rapids seems to have heard of it, but it makes it's way bat to MBFSBF every year.

It's color is a semi cloudy orange-ish gold. It could probably be cleaner but I could see how it wouldn't be with peppers and mango in the secondary.

You feel some of the pepper in your nose when you smell it. The smoke from the chipotle comes out more than the mango.

It is a refreshing beer for having both smoke and peppers. I want to drink this beer on a beach while cooking on the grill. It would pair well with "man foods." It's lighter than I expected it to be but in a good way.

It's fizzy and gives more of a mouth feel to the spice of the peppers. Drinks easy.

Overall, I have had it many times and I always hit their booth to have more when I am there. It's a pleaser with each new person I have try it.

Jan 14, 2013