Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...

Crystal | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)

2.21/5
Poor

Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)
Massachusetts, United States
samueladams.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by jneiswender on 09-25-2010

2.41/5  rDev 0%

Had recently when I was in Boston.

Pours a amber color with clear body thats lets light shine through. Smells of iced tea (for some reason) and some barley flavor. Tastes of sweet tea (odd) and some sort of grain. Mouth is medium with really good carbonation which I am generally fond of. Not very drinkable -- kinda one note -- not much hop character.

2/5  rDev 0%

Had at the Boston Brewery tour. Served cool out of a two ounce sample glass.

A-very thin white head. amber and clear body

S-tea smell, some grain.

T-strong sweet tea flavor. roasted grain finish

M-medium and fizzy

D-I think the problem I have with this is that I don't get a sense of the single hop usage. If you are going to specifically feature a single hop in a brew, it should stand out and give me a sense of the hops character.

Crystal from Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams)