Becky

n/a
Notes:
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

3.96/5  rDev 0%

Today is my (Un?)Happy New Jumping Off of the New Platform Beer Sunday (Week 755)! I have been redding up my house during my CANvalescence from surgery & putting together a number of brewery horizontals in doing so. I had planned, even before its announcement about its sale to A-B/InBev, to drink a buncha beers & a seltzer from Kleveland's Platform Beer Co. for this week's NBS. I was disheartened to hear of the news, especially having read the GI story. I am not one to boycott a beer due to their acquisition by a large corporation, but it did take some of the wind out of my sails.

From the CAN: "Blueberry Apple Ale"; "Fruit[:] Fresh Pressed Local Apples[,] Grain[:] Gluten Free Buckwheat[,] Yeast[:] English Cider[,] Adjunct[:] Blueberry Fruit [from] Quarry Hill Orchards[,] Plato[:] 13".

This seems to be a Cider/Ale hybrid. Curiouser & curiouser! I Crack!ed open the vent & beCAN a heavy-handed Glug since it was pretty certain to have fruit on its kick & I wanted to ensure that everything was back in suspension. I got a brief finger of fizzy, foamy, rocky, bone-white head for my efforts, but it quickly dissipated into wisps. Color was an oh-so-slightly-hazy pretty pinkish-reddish-Amber (SRM= N/A). Nose was once more primarily of apples but also with a tart funky fruitiness that I could not readily identify. Mouthfeel was thin & watery. The taste was not as tart as Amy had been, but it was still quite dry. The apples were the primary taste with a light berry flavor underlying them. I still could not identify it precisely as blueberries, though. I was glad that it was not as tart nor dry as Amy, making it a bit more palatable. Finish was dry & refreshing, more in line with what I would like to drink. It was definitely fruity, but I just could not pin it down as blueberry. YMMV.

Aug 11, 2019
chinchill from South Carolina

3.96/5  rDev 0%

12 oz can at the Fall 2018 Suwannee Roots Revival. This gluten free ale is brewed with buckwheat.
Pours with a rose colored body and a semi-durable white head.
The aroma is a compelling mix of apples, berries and fermented fruits. The flavor is moderately tart with some bitterness in the aftertaste. Mild fruit flavors dominated by apples.
Lively, prickly carbonation and a dry finish.

Oct 14, 2018
Becky from Platform Beer Co.