Mashugana Raspberry Milkshake IPA

4.61 | pDev: 9.11%
From:
Toolbox Brewing Company

Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 8 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
joezak5 from New Jersey

64oz Growler fill $22 on 05Aug2017; enjoyed same day in double wall glass coffee glass.
L: Completely opaque and turbid with a beautiful golden orange and slightly purple hue; pure white fluffy two finger head leaving a pleasant lacing.
S: Raspberry and vanilla cream… oily and fruity hops on the finish. Fascinating!
T: I’ve never had this style and was afraid this would be a raspberry cream hard soda sugar bomb. I was pleasantly surprised by the, almost dry, vanilla and cream raspberry and prickly and balanced hops on the tongue. And so creamy… no carbonation eruption, just fluffy cream.
F: So smooth and creamy with no alcohol presence. The hops come out more and more and you make the 64oz a session. Some sweet raspberry in the end.
O: I got stuck in Vista, CA on a contract and shook my head at the 18 microbreweries in a small town. After a little research and refusing to go to a gaseous cartoon rodent, I went to toolbox. It is a wonderful place with a top notch product (and I was spoiled for a year with Tree House). I find myself wondering what a creamy Julius would be like… but this is a beer that can complete with any New England IPA and cream it… oh how beautifully creamy.

Aug 08, 2017