Mile Hi Hefe

Added:
Nov 17, 2020
SCORE
n/a
Notes: We start with our traditional German Hefeweizen recipe and put a modern twist on it, making a lighter and drier version, with the aroma of sweet spices, very low bitterness and a clean and refreshing finish. Perfect for when you’re grilling and relaxing with friends.

Recent ratings and reviews.
3.85/5  rDev +9.4%
by ZAP from Minnesota

Solid hefe than brings a good dose of clove flavor up front followed by lighter notes of spoiled banana, bubble gum and wheat...

Lighter side of medium bodied. This is solid but lacks special qualities for this style.

Jun 17, 2022
3.74/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75
by metter98 from New York

A: The beer is hazy yellow in color and has a moderate amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a quarter finger high white head that quickly settled down, leaving a narrow collar around the edge of the glass and a small patch of bubbles on the surface.
S: Moderate aromas of wheat are present in the nose along with cloves from the yeast and associated hints of banana.
T: The taste follows the smell but has a bit stronger flavors of wheat and the hefeweizen yeast.
M: It feels light- to medium-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This hefeweizen definitely has more clove-like spices in the smell and taste compared to most other beers in the style so I didn't find it as refreshing as others that I have tried.

Serving type: can

Feb 12, 2022
3.19/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25
by JZH1000 from Colorado

Had at 5280 burger bar was available in a can they poured into a pint glass.
The look is classic hefeweizen with relatively light carbonation. Head wa s covering the whole beer when it arrived but there could've been more. Dark straw colored and average hefe haze.

Smell has that distinct sweet wheat aroma with a decent hop hint on the back, which struck me as a bit odd after only really drinking the Munich hofbrau, but it has a nice smell, maybe some slight diacetyl but seems to go with the style a bit and the banana is definitely there too.

The haste follows the smell but there's a certain tartness or acidic flavor there that I'm not loving too much. I would say it almost is like one of the fruity sour beers but with a strong hefeweizen taste in the forefront. It's sort of weird. It goes from the traditional wheat hefeweizen, into a choppier hefe, then the acidic flavor starts hitting and mixing with the hops it's a little interesting. Maybe am aquired taste, but not the hefeweizen I'm used to. Slight hint of alcohol as well on the after taste.

Feel is a bit thin but not too far off from what you would expect. I certainly wouldn't call it a watery beer. Pretty average. Certainly not bad

Overall comes pretty close to a german hefeweizen, but with an american twist. It's a shame some of the flavors are not my favorite in this one but other than that acidity it's a pretty good beer all around too.

Jan 19, 2022

3.83 by Phoodcritic from Michigan on Aug 17, 2021
2.75/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75
by KT3418 from Colorado

Mostly wondering if I got a weaksauce can, this was almost... saison spicy at the finish, this is the first hefeweizen I've had in months though so idk. I probably can't give this a fair review tbh.

Apr 16, 2021

3.47 by funku2 from Colorado on Feb 28, 2021
3.84/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75
by dcscientist from Colorado

I'm just not a big wheat beer guy... this one's decent, but like most of its ilk it didn't wow me. The color was a bit darker than what I expected, but it did have a very light flavor. I don't have a lot to compare it to, since I don't typically drink this style, but on a warm day it's a pretty good option.

Nov 17, 2020