Apripéche | Third Street Aleworks

Availability: Spring

Added by t0rin0 on 05-03-2011

3/5  rDev 0%

3.83/5  rDev 0%

Sampled 5/1/2011 at the brewpub.

It turns out that their other fruit beers are rotating and somewhat standard (peach, cherry, raspberry) and they do them when they get their hands on the fruit but this time they decided to do something different and blend peaches and apricots in the same beer.

Pours clear yellow, white/yellow head, nice lacing, and decent retention.

Aroma is mostly apricots with some sweet malt in the background and a touch of sourness.

Flavor makes me think of fuzzy peach skins with some apricot juice mixed in, a touch of tartness to keep the sweetness in check, and a bit of malt underneath. Honestly I dont know if I'd be able to catch both the peach and apricot if I didnt know they were both in there. Almost embarassed to admit that I like this beer.

Body is light, quite drinkable, and highly carbonted. It's not quite summer yet but this is a nice warm weather drink.

Ƭίcƙ.