Hula Hoop Hefe | Eske's Brew Pub & Eatery

Eske's Brew Pub & Eatery
New Mexico, United States
eskesbrewpub.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beergoot on 08-03-2012

3.33/5  rDev 0%

Reviewed from notes taken during a visit in July 2012.

I did ask my server if this was supposed to be a German or American styled wheat beer. I never got an answer, so I'm guessing, due to the 'hefe' in the name, that it is supposed to be a German hefeweizen. I also am guessing at the availability. I seem to recall their beer list stating something along the line that it's returned after a bit of an absence.

Body appeared faintly hazy and golden yellow in color. Smell was overpowered by the addition of an orange slice (not lemon) hooked on the edge of the glass. Taste came across as weak with some citrus flavor (from the orange slice?) and a hint of malt taste. Light-bodied, clean and wet. There was a slight bitterness at the finish.

Not bad, but I couldn't pin down the intended wheat beer style. Perhaps a German hefe / American wheat hybrid? It is okay for a summer thirst quencher but is otherwise unremarkable.

Hula Hoop Hefe from Eske's Brew Pub & Eatery