Hefeweizen | Broken Tooth Brewing

Broken Tooth Brewing
Alaska, United States
brokentoothbrewing.com

Style: Hefeweizen

This popular beer is an easy drinker. Perfect for those summer days when the deck is full and the palate is parched.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-01-2005

2.75/5  rDev -10.7%

3.5/5  rDev +13.6%

3.25/5  rDev +5.5%

2.29/5  rDev -25.6%

On tap at the pub, Moose's Tooth Hefeweizen is cloudy gold with a tight, white head.

Smell is neutral. Not esters what so ever, not even really grainy.

Taste is clean and simple wheat. Another pale wheat beer called a hefe, when there is nothing Barvaian about it...as a pale wheat I'd give it a 3, but for the mislabeling, I must be more harsh.

Mouthfeel is dry and crisp, with a medium-light body.

Drinkability is low, as it was a terrible miss if they were actually trying to make a hefe. As a APWA, I guess it's average, but I don't like that style, and it really annoys me when I order a 'hefe' and get one of these. Now I see why they asked to serve it with a lemon (which I of course declined), in a desperate attempt to give it flavor.

3.73/5  rDev +21.1%

a- served on tap w. a lemon wedge- pours a yellow-brown- very cloudy with about an inch of foam on top, which stayed for a while..
s-lemon on top was like...a crazy strong lemon, but honey and mild spiciness came through
t-good, well balanced beer with a light alcohol astringency that complemented the citrus and honey
m- a bit over-carbonated in my opinion but very nice overall
d-universally appreciable beer.