Rice Plum Gose

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Sour ale brewed with flaked rice, sea salt, coriander and over 1,500 pounds of plum purée.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 6 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.18/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Appearance: surprising; the beer pours a cloudy peach-pink with a thin, spritzy head that faded immediately. The color makes me think of a cherry blossom.

Aroma: floral (a spring varietal). The plum makes me think cherry blossoms. The plum is delicate but still present. The sourness is very mild, hardly present.

Flavor: impressive. This is a mellow beer, but is so well layered. Salt first, immediately followed by the tart and coriander, which then transitions to the plum. Weldwerks’ brewers delivered on all of the flavors described on the label, and all of the flavors appear as a separate layer. The plum flavor is so delicate but exhibited so well in the finish. This beer is certainly not fruit forward; the plum flavor is captured so well, however. The plum flavor conjures thoughts of a spring garden and flower blossoms.

Mouthfeel: light-medium, just a wee tad heavier than I expected or prefer. Very drinkable, though. Gassy-carbonation; soda-like.

Overall: this is a beer that is well executed at every metric. This is one of the best in styles that I’ve tried to date (fruited or otherwise). This is the first Weldwerks fruited beers I’ve tried, but I will readily buy/try any other I encounter. To repeat myself again, damn impressive showcase of the plums.

Rice Plum Gose from WeldWerks Brewing Co.