Hazy Sunrise

Rotating
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Hazy SunriseHazy Sunrise
Notes: What’s that glorious golden glow, streaming out from the hazy morning heavens? It’s a light & refreshing Hefeweizen, with a kiss of Florida citrus! Brewed with wheat & pilsner base malts, this easy-drinking beer is great any time of day (with no judgment from us!)
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 12
3.29/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I'd buy this again for refreshment mostly.
It is hard to make a wheat beer that does not fluff up when poured with a 3 inch drop to the glass. But, I got no fluff here.
Not a good Looker in a category whose foam is one its better visual characteristics. Smells are not much better (I usually can smell wheat, but I don't get it here.) Tastes are average (the 12 IBU is too little) with the chief benefit being refreshment. Finishes the same.

My first from Tomoka, I went on their website and see that they are a gastro-pub with an unimaginative menu. I am glad that Tomoka is trying to pioneer -- in this part of the former beer wasteland we call Florida -- merging food and beer. To encourage that, indulge this novice's advice: Beer spice should balance the mouth with the food's spice so they create a balanced whole. I may be wrong... but based on Hazy Sunrise, this would pair only with your spiciest dish.

3.31/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

12 oz can from the brewpub in Port Orange. 21 July 2017 canning date.
A subtle light treatment with oranges in the wheat beer which has more obvious Belgian ties: banana, yeast and light spicing.
Medium-light body and medium carbonation.

3.34/5  rDev -4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A: Murky orange color, 1 inch white head, no lacing

S: Orange, sweet maltiness

T: Sweet oranges, not as much of the characteristic hefeweizen flavors you would expect from a beer in this style

M: Medium to light

O: A sweet refreshing beer but not as close to the style as I would prefer.

Hazy Sunrise from Tomoka Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 81 out of 100 with 12 ratings