Frambozen | Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's

Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's
Kentucky, United States
bbcbrew.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-29-2004

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
3.92/5  rDev n/a

After taking a few sips of this brew from my girlfriend, I had to get one all to myself. Thinking that it was a 'frilly' drink meant to market to the female clientel, I was surprised to find that this is quite a good wheat beer with a solid raspberry addition. The creaminess gives way to a tart raspberry flavor and feel. The wheat esters and citrus compliments the fruits nicely. Doesn't seem to have the plastic or artificial raspberry flavor that usually persists. Nor is it too sweet for easy consumption.

3.75/5  rDev n/a

I'm going to assume that this is supposed to be the Frambozen beer from the BBC. The beer pours an opaque straw color without much head. The nose has everything: hops, malt and raspberry. This beer tastes spicy and sweet with a nice hop finish. Not exactly what I would expect to compliment the raspberry flavor, but it works nicely. This isn't my favorite from the BBC, but its a nice change from heavy beers. This is fairly light in my mouth without a lot of carbonation, but that may be an artifact of this being poured from a growler. This is a good beer for a warm summer night, but I wouldn't want to drink more than a few. Overall a nice offering.

Frambozen from Bluegrass Brewing Co. - East St. Matthew's