Lulu Gose

View: Beers
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 7 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
tigg924 from Massachusetts

4.05/5  rDev +2.3%

Pours slightly hazy, orange gold in color with 1/4 inch head. Taste is big peach, pear, apricot, and sour mix. Light bodied, slightly sour, with moderate carbonation. Missing the saltiness I associate with the style. Still makes for a really enjoyable sour. Better as it warms. Will get this again.

Jul 18, 2019
Beginner2 from Illinois

3.91/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

As the first review, I usually research the brewery. But I could not find the "English" translation button on its website (which still is being built.) And Polish to me is impenetrable. So sorry that all you get is a beer review.

While Lulu is not a prize-winner, it is most refreshing on a hot summer day... and peachy in Smell and Taste. While Lulu as a beer does not Look like much (even for a gose), its label is arty and intriguing from a country that seems to be quite serious. So perhaps, the micro-brew revolution getting a foothold there also.

While Lulu does not have the classic gose dryness and tartness, its peachiness makes it interesting.
Would I be a repeat customer?
Possibly. Binny's (where I do half of my beer shopping) specializes in Polish beers (because only Warsaw has more Poles than Chicago, so the joke goes.) But the next time I'm at Binny's, I just may wander by to that section and look for the arty labels.

Jul 11, 2018