Hermann's Brau | August Schell Brewing Company

August Schell Brewing Company
Minnesota, United States
schellsbrewery.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by mothman on 12-31-2009

3.6

3.6/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Brewed especially for the 2000th Anniversary celebration of Hermann's victory.

Poured into my Schells Mug. Pours a pretty clean white head. Fades down after a few minutes. Slight splattered lace. Color is a clear golden orange.

Aroma: Not to much going on here. Reminds me of a typical adjunct. Some corn and rice with some grassy hops.

Taste: Lots of grain notes. Dry grassy hops. Not to much of a flavor profile going on here.

Mouthfeel: Crisp and refreshing a bit. Light bodied with a higher amount of carbonation. Ends very dry and grainy.

Overall, I was really let down with this beer. I know that this is a really old recipe, but I was expecting a bock or something. This is kind of like their original and light. I can't really determine too much differences here. It is very drinkable.

Hermann's Brau from August Schell Brewing Company