$ticker $hock - Barrel-Aged

From:
Pulpit Rock Brewing Company

Iowa, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
World-Class
Notes:
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 30 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Phineasco from Massachusetts

4.07/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The beer pours Black with absolutely no head. It has very low carbonation. The beer smells of coconut, chocolate, almonds, and subtle bourbon. It tastes of coconut, chocolate syrup, and cocoa powder. The feel is medium. Something’s off about this bottle, I know coconut fades fast but there are no bubbles what so ever. No barrel either, this beer either fell off a cliff in 6 months, or I got a bad bottle. Big let down.

May 27, 2018
Travitten from Iowa

4.93/5  rDev +7.6%

Soooo good. So much character. Coconut, almond, chocolate, barrel, and finishes with an A+ coffee roast. Nose matches the flavor. Not stupid sweet like most pastry stouts.

Dec 30, 2017
Vidblain from Minnesota

4.75/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A friend was generous enough to share a bottle with me - I have to confess that I'd discounted the beer as being all hype... but I couldn't have been more wrong. Even cold, $$ is exceptionally rich, warm, and chocolatey. The nose is all chocolate. As the beer warms, subtle vanilla and coconut notes come out quite pleasantly. I was fairly surprised by how mellow the carbonation is - which really recommends it to me. The flavors still manage to pop. $ticker $hock is quite incredible. I wonder how it will age, given the incredible infusion of adjuncts.

World class beer. I'm amazed. I'll need to take Pulpit Rock a little more seriously in the future.

Dec 22, 2017
mothman from Minnesota

4.68/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

On tap at the brewery. Tan head black in color. Thick.

German chocolate cake goodness. Great bourbon flavors. Awesome coconut and the almonds add some sweetness. Chocolate and fudge. This is impressive. Awesome first BA offering from Pulpit. Excited to see what’s next.

Dec 16, 2017