Woosh

Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 7 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Beginner2 from Illinois

3.98/5  rDev +1.3%

Interesting fact for me: almost 8,000 NEIPAs on BA (I've had 22, but am liking the style more and more, particularly its aromatics); there are almost 37,000 AIPAs (I've had 137) and I am liking the style less and less, particularly for its uninhibited bitterness. It seems I should work on changing my ratios. And if NEIPAs are as good as Whoosh, then I have my incentive.

Woosh's Looks are only slightly above average. But its aromatics are up there with the best tropicals and sweet malts. Tastes are refreshing and stimulating. Finish is a bit bitter, but I recognize that is for the crowd and not malt-heads like me. (I rate its excellent can in the OA category.)

I went on their website since this is my first (they don't get many Illinoisans sampling their wares.) I like their blend of innovating the classics. They seem to have a cool taproom, but all that seems far away right now.

Aug 05, 2019
jmdrpi from Pennsylvania

3.83/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

16 oz can, cool colorful label.

opaque, yellow hazy color, thick bone white head. nice fruity hop aroma. similar flavor, moderately bitter. softer mouthfeel

Aug 07, 2018
NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

4.42/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Double Nickel Brewing Company "Woosh"
16 fl. oz. can, coded "#FEELTHEWOOSH"
$4.49 @ Total Wine & More, Cherry Hill, NJ

Notes via stream of consciousness: So the can reads "N.E. INDIA PALE ALE WITH A TOUCH OF GRAPEFRUIT". I don't know if that means there's grapefruit added but I'd guess so. Let's find out... it's poured a very hazy yellow gold beneath a full head of fluffy white foam. The body looks like that of a Belgian witbier. It certainly smells like grapefruit, but that doesn't mean it's added, it could easily come from hops alone. Although I have to say it is pretty bright and clear. Just based on the aroma I'd say there is grapefruit added, it smells like fresh cut fruit. I'm also getting some lemon, some soft pine, and a light bit of a kind of generic tropical note. On to the flavor... very nice, there's a lot of citrus (grapefruit, lemon, lime) but also some mango, papaya, and even some red apple and cherry. There's just enough basic golden malt to back it up and support it, as you'd expect. It's lightly sweetish but there is some bitterness to it, and then some hop "bite". A moderate bitterness, citrus, and tropical fruits linger in the aftertaste. Refreshing. In the mouth it's medium-light in body and gently crisp and then smooth across the palate. The head has finally dropped but it's left some very nice craggy streaks and spots of lacing behind. Overall I'm finding it hard to fault almost anything in this beer - this is a brilliantly executed, superb New England style IPA. It certainly beats some of what I've had up there in Vermont. Well worth seeking out for fans of the style.
Review# 6,171