Survival

From:
Alaskan Brewing Co.

Alaska, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Brewed in collaboration with BrewDogs.
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Lone_Freighter from Vermont

3.58/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This was poured into a pint glass. The appearance was a nice looking clear golden color. Bar pour yielded no head. Light carbonation is seen rising in streams. The smell was really good with a nice light strawberry to light sweet cherries in a slight roasty sort of bread. The taste was sweet, nicely malted with a sweet bread coming back to encapsulate my taste buds. As it warms, there’s a nice sweet honey/breadiness coming across really nice and slightly sticky. On the palate, this one seems to sit right at a medium on the body with a fair sessionability about it. The carbonation was there and wasn’t bad. Overall, I say this was a pretty good beer.

Jun 09, 2017
SitkaSteve from Idaho

3.75/5  rDev +9.6%

So this is a Kvass.
Do I know what I'm talking about?
Not really. But hey, this is my take on observations.
Poured into a pint glass.
The appearance was a light golden caramel color with a bar pour's kind of head, slim and white. No lacing.
The smell had a light apple and cherry sweet combination that settled into a nice sweet bready malt that was really nice.
The taste was sweet and bready and had a nice apple/cherry/possibly raspberry aftertaste with a quick watery finish (still a good finish).
The mouthfeel had a rolling sweet cherry/bready combination on my tongue. It felt really nice and sessionable. The carbonation seemed barely there, but didn't bother me.
Overall, though I don't exactly know what I'm talking about when it comes to Kvass's, I like this one and this review is only based on observations. I would have it again.

Aug 14, 2014
Survival from Alaskan Brewing Co.