Lil' Juice

Notes:
Reviews: 6 | Ratings: 29 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
osheamatth from New York

4.1/5  rDev -5.7%

Drank out of can at a party. Hard to judge the look but I'll hesitate that since the beer was good it was a nice looking ale. Teeming with bright citrus hops with the promised juice. Plenty of both of piney citrus power on the palate with nice tropical (orange, mango, pineapple) fruit accompanying that. Very smooth with the alcohol deep in the background for a well balanced finish.

Sep 09, 2019
Kurmaraja from California

4.16/5  rDev -4.4%

Quite a bit of malt and a slight alcohol heat that is surprising considering the low abv. I heard a lot of hype comparing to Tree House and Trillium but the styles are not remotely similar with the exception of the attempt to get a lot of hop flavor and aromatics with minimal bitterness.

Mar 02, 2016
KVNBGRY from Florida

3.81/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I don't get what all the fuss is about. Basic IPA, slight fruitiness. Malt forward. A little darker than I would imagine for what people are saying. Not a hazy beer. (So obviously it's gross) it's an average IPA. That tastes fruitier because of the sweet malts. (I'd assume)

Mar 01, 2016
Mounty4Life from Pennsylvania

4.49/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A Lil malt to this one has the hops blending nicely into the taste! Nose faded from on tap to crowler for sure but taste got better! On tap at pub nose blew out of glass maybe it's my hotel short rocks glass! Csbc can do no wrong with hops! #wheresthatyeastfrom?

Feb 24, 2016
ELS from Florida

4.62/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer is the best smelling IPA I've ever had. The citrus notes are fantastic. It's called Lil' Juice because they have a double IPA called Juice but there is nothing little about the flavor. Citrus, hoppy goodness that makes for a great drinking experience. I brought home a crowler but the guy next to me bought 18 crowlers (not all the same beer). You need to make a road trip to Jupiter, FL.

Feb 19, 2016
wineshop from Texas

4.87/5  rDev +12%

I've been sipping this for about 15 minutes. Out of both a glass and the can (crowler). And I think it's amazing. (Better out of the can, in my opinion, but that's just me.) Huge citrus thing going on. Seriously reminds me of the east coast/ Vermont style beers. I'm surprised at the 6.6%. It tastes bigger to me. Not as far as alcohol taste, but in flavor. Normally I only get this much flavor in "bigger" beers (8% or so and up). Man I really like this. I'm going to take my time with it. I'm anxious to see how it opens up as I sip it. Often these styles get even tastier as they warm a bit. I'm really hoping to get more of this in the future. Civil Society seriously has something special here. If you can hunt some done, do it.

Jan 19, 2016