ESB Trout | RJ Rockers Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

RJ Rockers Brewing Company
South Carolina, United States
rjrockers.com

Style: Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by connecticutpoet on 08-08-2004

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
3.05/5  rDev n/a

This was my first beer of this type, so if the reveiw seems a little low possibly I am simply unfamiliar with the style. I had this at the Olde Hickory Taproom. The beer came in a sample glass. It had a light head. The color was a copper tone. It had a hoppy smell. The taste was bitter. Very bitter. Almost overpowering. The mouthfeel was a little on the harsh side. One was enough of these. Not that it is a bad beer, but just a little overpowering for my taste.

4.2/5  rDev n/a

What a good beer this one was!

It was a light brown ale, with a low head, but as I had in on tap I couldn't tell if that was representative.

The aroma was of mild aromatic hops. Not really malty, although it looked like it should have been.

The taste was VERY bitter, all the way through. There were hints of oak as well, but I paid for an ESB and I GOT an ESB. Tremendous.

Great mouthfeel too. Let you know you were drinking real ale.

I had this one at the Greenville/Spartanburg airport. I recommend that anyone going through there try it... they have four brews from this microbrewery on tap. They'll cost you a little more, but are well worth it.

ESB Trout from RJ Rockers Brewing Company