Koduõlu

Gots
SCORE
n/a
KoduõluKoduõlu
Notes: An Estonian Farmhouse style traditionally made for weddings. Strained through juniper boughs and often fermented with bread yeast, this is a beer with spicy juniper aromas and a banana ester character.
TheDoctor from Canada

3.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Serving: Can
Canned: Nov-6-2019 (Consumed Feb-16-2020)

It pours very clear, glowing gold with a finger of kind of anemic off-white head. Okay retention; some lacing. The aroma is doughy with some pepper, banana bread and something that almost rinds me of peanut butter (very faint though). It tastes round and sticky sweet, banana, pizza dough, cloves and black pepper, some spicy herbal thing at the finish that I imagine is from the juniper. It is pretty sweet yet not cloying or underattenuated tasting. It is also fairly drinkable and the alcohol is not noticeable. This is a nice beer with some interesting flavors that go together well I enjoyed drinking it and enjoyed expanding my horizons a bit. I have a hell of a time rating beers like this. I usually use 3.75-4 as a baseline for "brewed to the style" however without knowing the style it's hard to be sure. I would say this one leans to the lower end. It was nice and tasted cohesive, the juniper could have popped a little more and
the nose could have popped more I feel when compared to the flavor. I'd have it again, but can't see it being an every-day drinker. The label says it was/is brewed for weddings and the like and I think that sounds perfect.

3.75...3.75...3.75...3.75...3.75