Willimantic Willi Funk Hammer | Willimantic Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Willimantic Brewing Co.
Connecticut, United States
willibrew.com

Style: Flanders Red Ale

Added by jim102864 on 04-04-2009

Reviews by EvanJohnson:
4.15/5  rDev -4.2%

I'd had a vertical flight of the Willi Whammers about a month earlier and was less than impressed. However, this sour was great! I felt it had a little bit more bite than some of the Flanders red ales that I've had but I didn't get that tongue smacking back of the throat sting that you can get with some of the really wild sours. Great smooth beer. I could have had 2 or 3 but I would've been sorry.

4.42/5  rDev +2.1%

A blended keg of barrel-aged Willi Whammer '08, '06 and '05 funk barrel. Brewed in the Belgian Flanders style...one I am still trying to fully appreciate and as such, not my first choice. Regardless, it was served in a 12 oz pilsner and presented a muddy brown color with a thin head. And what a super surprise. A big, sour nose like Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Red, explodes from the glass. It's sour sweet nose hastens my first pull...sour yes, with cranberries, but smoooth like butta. Some musty funk in this 10 abv beauty. Very drinkable. But watch out, there's no alcohol bite for such a big beer. What a wonderful brew. One of the best I've ever had at willibrew.

4.25/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev -1.8%

Willimantic Willi Funk Hammer from Willimantic Brewing Co.