Willimantic Simple Saison | Willimantic Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Willimantic Brewing Co.
Connecticut, United States
willibrew.com

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Added by Sammy on 08-22-2010

3.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Wow, talk about ancient. Was searching through my old phone for some pictures and decided to look at my old beer reviews in the Notes. Couldn't believe I found this one and never added it. Consumed at the brewpub from tap on 9-18-2010 while I was up visiting my girlfriend at UCONN.

Poured a nice hazy yellow color with a solid head and good lacing. Smells really potent of coriander and yeast. Delicate malt sweetness through the beginning and middle. Pushed out by a really strong spice of clove and some coriander. Finishes a bit sour and dry. Ended up with a growler of this to bring home. Finished off most of it since it wasn't as good as I initially thought.

Can't believe this one is retired, makes me feel old! Oh well, 5 years later, here is my review.

3.74/5  rDev 0%

Enjoyed on tap at the brewpub, second of three saisons on tap tonight. Rye malt, corriander. Ligh yellow body, lacey, a natural carbonation to it. Bang on the style with good drinkability, howver the taste is more unoffensive. Some pilsner malt as well. Average mouthfeel. Good summer choice.

Willimantic Simple Saison from Willimantic Brewing Co.