Labatt Max Punch
Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.

Labatt Max PunchLabatt Max Punch
Score:
Needs more ratings
1.96 | pDev: 18.88%
From:
Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.

Ontario, Canada
n/a
Labatt Max PunchLabatt Max Punch
Notes:
1.86/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

For those not in the know, today (M, 10 Oct 2016) is Canadian Thanksgiving Day! That being the case, I will only be drinking and reviewing beers from our neighbors to the north today. I reluctantly began with a bottle, but it is now CANadian Thanksgiving Day!

At last, I was able to Crack! open a CAN, but being as that it was a 24-fl. oz. CAN, an inverted Glug was outta the question. It did not form any head, nor did any rise following an in-glass swirl. Color was hot pink (!) (SRM = N/A) with NE-quality clarity. Nose was really sugary sweet & very fruity, but it reminded me less of Kool-Aid or Hawai'ian Punch and more of red Jell-O before it has a ChANce to set. Mouthfeel was kind of thin and watery. The taste was actually a little tart, but still very artificially fruity. There was no doubt that this was the product of a chem lab somewhere with an undisclosed location. Interestingly (or dangerously), for all of the tart-sweetness, there was no alcohol burn, making this much too easy to drink. I rolled through easily over half of it without even a seCANd thought. The other thing that I was really noticing was how sticky it felt on my lips after every swallow. I am guessing that that this has a high sugar CANtent, which CANbined with the relatively high ABV, could make for a hangover/headache later. I recommend drinking this one with water as a chaser. The finish was sweet, of course, and I CANnot believe that I am going to follow this up with another of its ilk! I do not reCANmend doing this to yourself.

2.08/5  rDev +6.1%

24 FL. OZ. can
Served in a nonic pint glass

It pours rose colored. It looks like cranberry juice mixed with 7Up. The head disappears so quickly that I forget what color it was. It was pinkish I believe.

The smell is not good. I get some fruit punch, red pop, candy corn, and wax aromas. It is very unappealing. It makes me wonder how drunk I was Saturday evening when I purchased it.

I cringingly take my first sip. It tastes better than it smells if only marginally. It tastes like carbonated punch with an artificially sweet aftertaste. It's going to be rough getting down twenty-four ounces of this stuff, but I do not drain pour. I bought it, so now I have to consume it.

It feels like syrupy pop. It is highly carbonated and sticky.

I am not adverse to trying downtown liquor store malt liquors and malternative beverages. They can't all be home runs like Old English 800, Colt 45, or Camo Silver Ice.

1.44/5  rDev -26.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

From the 25 oz. can. Sampled on May 13, 2016. Friday the 13th.

It pours red like Hawaiian Punch. It fizzes up quickly and dissolves almost immediately.

The aroma is basically Hawaiian Punch with a slight breaded malt and butterscotch influence. The 8% ABV booziness is masked in the aroma.

The body is light to medium.

The taste is super sweet like Hawaiian Punch or Hi-C with a kind of mixer flavor and low to no dryness to finish. Like all of the others in this class these beers are dangerous because you drink them down like fruit punch and then your head feels it later.

2.45/5  rDev +25%

Labatt Max Punch brewed by Labatt Brewing Company Ltd., with an ABV of 8.00% This brew pours out a light pinkish red color with a small white head. The head to this brew goes away fast. The smell of Labatt Max Punch is sweet with alcohol. There is also this funky weird musty smell in this brew. Now for the taste, it is sour, sweet and musty. "Natural Flavors" is what the can says ... I say NOT. There is something deadly off with this brew. The mouthfeel of Labatt Max Punch is sweet and nasty. The aftertaste is just musty sweetness. There is no hard alcohol aftertaste but the aftertaste is the complete killer of this brew. Overall I'm giving this brew a 2.75 out of 5. I thought this brew would have been 10x better than this. I will NOT buy this brew again.

Labatt Max Punch from Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.