Labatt Blue Light Shandy
Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.

Labatt Blue Light ShandyLabatt Blue Light Shandy
Score:
Needs more ratings
2.88 | pDev: 13.19%
From:
Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.

Ontario, Canada
Labatt Blue Light ShandyLabatt Blue Light Shandy
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 9
3.05/5  rDev +5.9%

Labatt Brewing Co. "Labatt Blue Light Shandy"
12 fl. oz. clear glass bottle, production coded but without freshness dating

Appearance: Pours a just slightly hazy straw-gold body beneath a finger-thick bright white that drops steadily to a thin but solid surface covering. Slightly better than average lacing.

Aroma: Lemon and ginger. I don't know that there's any ginger there, it's not listed on the label, but I'm given the suggestion of it. It reads "PREMIUM LIGHT BEER WITH NATURAL LEMON FLAVOR AND CARAMEL COLOR ADDED". I could probably do without the coloring.

Flavor: Probably the dullest of the flavored "Blue Light" beers, it offers grainy malt and lemon. Not unlike the others, the expected acidity is held back (which may or may not be a good thing, we'll probably never know). It's balanced, and drinkable, but uninspiring. I guess it's better to err on the side of caution.

Mouthfeel: Light-medium in body with a standard carbonation level that gives a delicate bristle to the palate.

Overall: A fairly basic lemon-accented beer that retains the characteristics of a beer rather than becoming more of a "lemon drink" - so kudos for that. On a hot day my friend Cool Hand Luke and I could drink 40 of these each!

Labatt Blue Light Shandy | Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. Poured from the bottle into a pint glass, this beer's head is absent, with no lacing, and a hazy yellow body.

Smells like some Country Time lemonade. Straight up!

I taste lemon seltzer water.

The mouthfeel I'm getting is very light and clean.

Overall, I'll rate Labatt Blue Light Shandy | Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. with a 3. Not one of my summer picks, but its new as of this writing&needed some attention IMO. This honestly would hit the spot on a scorching, asphyx-iatingly humid day.

3.06/5  rDev +6.3%

Labatt Blue Light Shandy brewed by Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.with an ABV of 4.00% This brew pours out a nice cloudy golden amber color with a small white head. The smell of Labatt Blue Light Shandy, is sweet with citrus, grains, and malts. This brew has the look and smell of most shandy brews on the market, I'm not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste it is, mild with citrus, orange, and lemon flavors. There is a faint beer taste to Labatt Blue Light Shandy. It is hard to drink this brew and think am I drinking a brew?" The mouthfeel of this brew is light, citrus, clean and refreshing. There is nothing overpowering about Labatt Blue Light Shandy. It is a nice clean light brew to drink on a hot summer day. Other than that I would not buy this brew. Overall I'm giving Labatt Blue Light Shandy a 3 out of 5. I would buy this brew again on a hot summer day. Labatt Brewing Company Ltd. , did a ok job with this brew.

Labatt Blue Light Shandy from Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.