Juice Cleanse

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Juice CleanseJuice Cleanse
Notes: This beer starts off with aromas of Eucalyptus and Pineapple on the nose followed by Melon and strawberry with light cracker notes on the the palate. It finishes light and pillowy with just a touch of bitterness.

Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 8 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.42/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2019-05-02
16oz can served in a pint can shaped glass. No date.

Pours hazy amber-orange with a medium sized head and a moderate amount of carbonation. Smell is mild, but juicy.

Taste is moderately juicy, kind of an odd bitterness that overwhelms the rest.

Mouthfeel is medium, smooth, kind of still. Overall, it's not bad, but not exciting.

3.52/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.25

Appearance: almost opaque, brownish-orange, very little head, like a raw apple cider without any discernible sediment or particulates.

Smell: herbal, guava, mango, papaya, tomato, garbage (no judgement, some great products have a garbage-like smell, think kimchi).

Taste: Similar to smell (minus the garbage, lol). Predominantly tropical fruit like guava, pineapple juice, candied orange zest, some pear, and tomato - not sure if that's just me picking up on it, but nonetheless, there it is. There is a decent amount of hoppy bitterness that lingers in the aftertase. I admit this may either be too complex for my palate, or it's a little bit underdeveloped. Initially I rated the taste fairly low (3.25), but as I took some time with it and it warmed up, I started tasting more flavor and it changed my mind. I recommend letting this one warm up a little outside the fridge before drinking.

4.02/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I had this beer on-tap in a mug at Special Brews in Lynnwood, WA.

Appearance: cloudy, murky light orange hue with a finger of frothy ivory foam.

Smell: lightly sweet and fruity; the volume is a little bit low for my taste.

Taste: clean and juicy. It's sweet with lots of big, fruity tropical hops. This type of thing is my jam.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a decent carbonation and a pretty good creaminess for the style.

Overall: this is as the name suggests - a juicy bastard. I really enjoy it, although the aroma could be juiced-up a bit (no pun intended) to match the great flavor.

Juice Cleanse from Matchless Brewing