Schultenbrau Ginger | Bavaria Brouwerij N.V.

Awaiting More Ratings

Bavaria Brouwerij N.V.
Netherlands
bavaria.nl

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by Douberd on 11-13-2012

2.05/5  rDev 0%

Brown long neck bottle, 330 ml, bought at Aldi supermarkets. For whatever reason, a british flag label on the neck. ABV is 5,5%. Ingredients are water, barley malt, maltose, sucrose, hops, citric acid and natural ginger aroma, according to the label. Poured into a lager glass.

Colour of the beer is orange, with half finger of foam forming on the surface as you pour it into the glass, goes away immediately while you put your bottle down. A minimal amount of bubbles rising to the top.
Aroma is ginger, all the way. Too strong I think.
Taste is quite spicy. You find the obvious ginger taste, along with some dirt flavour. Oh, wow, is way too spicy, I get a burning sensation on the back of my throat and on my gums, not pepper-like burning but if you have tasted ginger you will now what I mean. The more I drink of this beer, the deeper the burning sensation goes, untill it reaches my stomach.
Light on the body and lots of carbonation.
Overall, I guess this one is not for me. Too spicy for my taste.

Schultenbrau Ginger from Bavaria Brouwerij N.V.