Anti-Hot

From:
Elder Pine Brewing & Blending Co

Maryland, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Anti-HotAnti-Hot
Notes: Anti-Hot is our 100% dry hopped Oat IPA. No hops were added during the boil or whirlpool of Anti-Hot to help keep the bitterness as low as possible. Brewed with an absurd amount of malted oats and double dry hopped with Galaxy & Nelson Sauvin, Anti-Hot is exploding with notes of passion fruit, lychee, and white wine grapes.
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 5 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

4.09/5  rDev +0.5%

This DelMarVa (+ DC) adventure of mine has morphed into my latest CANQuest (tm) focus! I really had no idea that MaryCANd, especially, was putting out so much beer. 8=O It seems as though every time I feel like I a close, some more beers from that area Pop! up from out of hiding to surprise me. Further, I am back to work so I CANnot keep up the pace that I set during the Christmas/Winter Break. 8=( On top of all of that, even New Beer Sunday is off-limits due to prior CANmitments. 8=( Inna meantime, a shout-out to my local, in-person trader, @tone77 who recently dropped this off for me.

From the CAN: "American IPA"; "A Limited Offering".

The Crack! of the vent had them going three-for-three in terms of brimful craft CANs! I got yet CANother spritz across my fingertips, making me VERY happy since this is the equivalent of a Baker's Dozen. I then CANmenced a slow, gentle C-Line Glug into the awaiting glass, resulting in the formation of two-plus fingers of foamy, soapy, rocky, eggshell-white head with decent retention. Color was a deeply-hazy/lightly-cloudy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5). Nose was VERY tropical, not at all bitter, with a grape-y vinousness. Hmm. Mouthfeel was medium, but really slick & smooth on the tongue. The taste lacked bitterness, but it was interesting nonetheless. It had a pronounced tropical fruitiness with an underlying vinousness, adding up to something akin to a cocktail. Hmm. It was not necessarily my thing, but it was not out of spec for the style, either. I have been fairly impressed by this brewery thus far & this did nothing to ChANge my mind. Finish was semi-dry & while I would have preferred it to be drier, that is just me. This was a nice ChANge of pace, providing me with a pleasantly mellow nightcap. YMMV.

Jan 16, 2020
spelingchampeon from Delaware

3.98/5  rDev -2.2%

No canning date
Pours hazy orange, light head and mild lacing. Aroma's of orange and GF (mild), along with a light berry hit. Major citrus up front, and the blush of berries along the back. Juicy smooth, with just a hint of bitterness. Very little carbonation. Overall, a good tasting beer. It's caught up in the craze though. Thinking about the Anti-Hot name.. I'm going with my guess that EP didn't want us IPA lovers to suffer from hop burn. If that's the case, well done!

Jul 08, 2019
tone77 from Pennsylvania

3.56/5  rDev -12.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I love it when the person who adds a beer also reviews it. Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has an extremely cloudy, golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of passion fruit. Taste is juicy, passion fruit, some orange peels, mild bitterness. Feels medium/full bodied in the mouth and overall is a decent beer.

Jun 30, 2019