Pilsner

From:
Elder Pine Brewing & Blending Co

Maryland, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
PilsnerPilsner
Notes: Contemporary American Pilsner brewed with Golden Naked Oats and dry hopped with Loral.
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 9 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

4.09/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

I seem to be on a Pilsner kick for the time being, which is A-OK by me since it also furthers The CANQuest (tm). This one was recently procured at The Beer & Beverage Shoppe on Roseville Road. I kinda don't like making that trip currently as the buses are running Saturday-only schedules & it means a hefty headway between the outbound & return trip. 8=(

From the CAN: "A Limited Offering".

The Crack! of the vent was kind enough to provide me with a fingertip spritz since the brewery was kind enough to make it a brimful craft CAN with nowhere for the tongue to go when pushed through the vent. This is like the craft brewing equivalent of a Baker's Dozen. I beCAN to celebrate my good fortune with a slow, gentle C-Line Glug into my favorite Pilsner glass, awaiting my attention. It was kind enough to form two-plus fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, bone-white head with decent retention. Color was a filament-bright Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4). Nose smelled sweet, like cereal-sweet, with a honeydew melon quality. Hmm. Definitely NOT a BoHo Pils! Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium, about on par for a Lager of any sort. The taste was pleasant, kind of on the sweet side with an unidentifiable graininess and a definite honeydew quality along with emerging peach and pear. Hmm. Finish remained semi-sweet, which was fine, but I'll stick to BoHo Pilsners. YMMV.

May 20, 2020
Oh_Dark_Star from Washington

3.92/5  rDev -3.7%

L: Brass hue with a well so of an ivory head leaving loads of lace on the glass.

S: More honey than I’m used to smelling, wheaty grain and biscuity malt.

T: Far drier than the smell let on. Less honey. Follows the nose otherwise and a lot of tin and bitterness on the aftertaste due in part to high carbonation. A peppery herbal note.

F: Highly carbonated, otherwise smooth.

O: Very tolerable for those who don’t care for a strong funk. This is not my style but I enjoyed this weightier pils.

May 08, 2020
larryi86 from Delaware

3.99/5  rDev -2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

16 oz can poured into a pint glass

A- A clear golden color with two finger white head.

S- Citrus, pears, a little floral, some sweet malts, herbal.

T- Pale malts, citrus, pears, floral, a little herbal, some pilsner malts.

M- Smooth, light body, crisp.

O- An enjoyable Pilsner, but a little sweeter and fruitier than I expected.

Aug 20, 2019