Hometown Harvest

n/a
Notes:
TheGent from New Jersey

3.64/5  rDev -7.8%

Look: Pours a murky, medium to deep amber color. Suits the Fall / Harvest theme nicely. Translucent Some visible carbonation. A finger of khaki colored head settles to a thin layer of foam, and thick ring around the edge of the glass. Once again, nice lacing on the side of the glass, if that’s your thing.

Smell: The aroma is tea-like. Slightly sweetened raspberry/lemon tea. A little fruity and citrusy. Some dried apricot and some bread. If you put this in front of me blind I would probably call it tea. There is a slight staleness that comes out more as the beer warms.

Taste: The taste is less sweet than the smell. There is some lemon pith bitterness with some earthy and herbal notes too. I’m pretty neutral on the flavor, especially compared to the Free Wave, which I quite liked.

Feel: I find these Athletic beers are well carbonated. Prickly and light on the palate. Semi-dry finish that falls off pretty quickly.

Overall: For something called a Fall and Harvest IPA I like what they achieved here. The fruiter aroma puts me in the seasonal mood. For an IPA, I prefer the Free Wave, but I would definitely go for this one again next year, especially fresher.

Feb 12, 2021
tigg924 from Massachusetts

4.25/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours murky, copper in color with 1/4 inch head. Taste is big grain, caramel malt and piney hops. Medium body and carbonation, Makes for a really good earthy ipa. Glad I got a twelve pack.

Nov 07, 2020
Hometown Harvest from Athletic Brewing Co.