All Together

Notes:
View: Beers
JerzDevl2000 from New Jersey

3.91/5  rDev 0%

This was the twentieth iteration of All Together that I was able to obtain and the first beer from Torch and Crown that I reviewed on here. I have another in my queue but since I'm doing all of these in a row, this got bumped up ahead of that here at the house! Nice to see a brewery opening up in Manhattan as most of the action in New York City has been in Brooklyn and it was even better that I was able to pick this up at their SoHo location last week!

With that being said, this was an enjoyable beer that didn't deviate much from Other Half's base recipe but at the same time, didn't have any noticeable deficiencies to it as well. Of course, the pour to this was on par with most of the others as it was golden, hazy, and uniform in hue. No sediment could be seen and sadly, the same could be seen for the lacing as it was nearly nonexistent with the exception of a few splotches. The head was solid and the aroma was typical for this brew as it contained enough oats, melon, and dank hops to draw me in and hold my attention throughout my session. Full, balanced, and slick, this was a fine beer that felt like the others but had enough going for it that it didn't feel like a cop-out or carbon copy.

Chewy in the aftertaste, there was the expected minty freshness and deep forest that gave this more depth and vibrancy that it needed, as the alcohol was barely noticeable with the exception of a slight warming sensation that kicked in before I finished this off. While this won't wow anyone, I enjoyed it as well as it's underlying juiciness and subtle tang and burn that left me wanting more. Not a bad first impression from Torch & Crown as it featured all of it's ingredients nicely and made me want to crack open their other can that's in my basement!

Jun 22, 2020