Field of Gardens

SCORE
n/a
Field of GardensField of Gardens
Notes: Guava Brett Wit

Mindblowingly aromatic, this calm, cool Brett wit is wildly nuanced while staying light-bodied, spritzy, and refreshing. Aged 2 months on Brett and as dry as a California Sauvignon Blanc. First brewed: May 2020.
Recent ratings and reviews.
4.04/5  rDev -2.4%
by Bitterbill from Wyoming

Canned July 24th.

Pours a hazy dark yellow with a small head of foam.

Big aromas of Brett and Guava in the smell. Nice.

Guava number 1, Brett number 2 in the taste. Very light tartness but so flavourful.

Pretty light bodied with lively carbonation.

Excellent.

Aug 18, 2020
4.25/5  rDev +2.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5
by Beginner2 from Illinois

Refreshing and Highly Recommended.
If you give a hard pour to Field of Gardens, it Looks well above the style's average; albeit for two minutes.
Smells and Tastes are integrated and have endurance; making a wonderful summer afternoon beverage or accompaniment to lunch or even light summer dinner fare. The guava is just enough to say "fruit", but not "fruity." The wheat is delicate enough to play nice with summer food, but not so soft that it doesn't scrub the palate for more food. And the brett... is done just right, not too tart and certainly not a puckerer.

My compliments for Brewer's Kitchen understanding that brett is intended to work the malt in a modest way so that the ale overall ingredients work with the food.

This is my third from Brewer's Kitchen. (All three I've added to BA..., c'mon guys get with progress.) But, I tell myself each time that I will visit and experience their cafe' ambience and ales together. And I will. But as long as I can have this delightful a wit with lunch in 2020, I probably will not visit. But I expect the rest of you to keep Brewer's Kitchen going so I can visit in 2021.

9/28/20 Carried this can from the curb at Beermiscuous Chicago. It had an amazing calming effect on my palate when eating Indian food, yet would scrub the tongue clean for more spice. I've edited the review and am satisfied with it and am ready to keep count over at UnTappd.

Aug 06, 2020