Field of Rooftops

Apr 23, 2021
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Pomegranate Brett Wit

The 2nd release in our "Field of" series featuring pomegranate, overripe red fruit, sweet tart, and mandarin, blended in a beautiful, clean bouquet of Brett. Named after the rooftops of Oia in Santorini, Greece. First brewed: April 2021.
Recent ratings and reviews.
4.02/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25
by Beginner2 from Illinois

Carried to the curb from Beermiscuous (my primary source for Chicagoland micros.)
Pomegranate is my second in their "Field of" lineup. I think Brewers Kitchen may be advancing fast for their youth.
Again, this paired well with a mild Indian dal (a calming effect on the palate.)

Pomegranate has average Looks for a wit, mostly because the foam becomes nothing quite fast; probably resulting from a lazy yeast. The also limits the Smells which are mostly mandarins, tart and sweet. This balance comes through strongest in its integrated Tastes. The brett is balanced, nicely tart; stimulating instead of overpowering. This is how Brett is supposed to work in the Kitchen. While I expect more mouth softness from the wheat in a wit, this Field still sits nicely and I will welcome it again.

I'm becoming a fan Brewer's Kitchen and how Pilot Project works with its micros. I intend to visit soon.

Apr 24, 2021