Tolo Noche

Added:
Jan 05, 2022
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Crisp, roasty, and insanely crushable, Tolo Noche makes for the perfect companion to spiciest of dishes and latest of nights.
Recent ratings and reviews.

3.8 by TMoney2591 from Illinois on Feb 15, 2022
3.98/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25
by Beginner2 from Illinois

A very interesting -- and satisfying -- dark lager. I added it as a Euro Dark because that is closest to the UnTappd classification (which has 108 ratings and 37 in the last 30 days... so Tolo Noche is making headway.) I'm not totally satisfied with calling this a Euro Dark as it has elements of a Munich Dark (but Tolo is richer) and a Schwartzbier (but Tolo is not dry.) Further confusing the style selection, I think I could drink this while eating salsa and chips... So, I think it best to keep Tolo as a generic Euro Dark.

I found some salsa. Tolo doesn't pair as well as a pale, but it does well. As for Tolo's Looks, I'd put it slightly above average; decent foam and beautiful artwork on the can. Smells are full malt. Tastes are well-balanced, yet refreshing with some mystery ingredient lurking in the back palate. Feels rich in my mouth, much better than medium given the thin competition.

I'm a big fan of Brewer's Kitchen and they are one of a dozen local nanos and micros I've intended to visit since the pandemic hit. Of the 7 brews I've had of theirs, this is my first lager. And this Kitchen knows how to brew lagers also.

Jan 05, 2022