Dark Helmet Schwartzbier | Deschutes Brewery

Added by SurlyDuff on 09-11-2008

Reviews by candcholt:
4/5  rDev 0%

3.3/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

May the schwartz be with you!!!

A rich dark lager served in a pint at a nice cool temp at the public house in Bend.

Aroma is mild for the color, a light roasty malt and a lighter hop twang.

Light crisp body, very euro lager-y in taste, but the dark color I think keeps playing tricks on my mind. I am getting some roasty malt i guess, but again, its really mild. As this one warms up it gets the classic lager funk and made me shudder twice actually. Don't get me wrong, I like a good schwartz, but i think deschutes just tried to make this one feel like a generic macrolager with some toastiness on the finish and aroma.

It's a good session, and beats a lot of other stuff. Sorry Deschutes, you guys just have so many other beers that are infinitly better, heh.

Dark Helmet Schwartzbier from Deschutes Brewery