The Greens IPA

From:
Deschutes Brewery

Oregon, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes:
2.38/5  rDev 0%

Wiseman Justin reporting from Deschutes Brewery. Did we come on the wrong day or what. The abyss is on tap friday. Black Butte XXI was on tap on monday. Black Butte XXII is on tap Saturday... We're here on Wednesday; on tap is some beer that I don't want.

Trying a Casked IPA. Personally I hate Casked beers but I thought I'd give it another shot. Here we go. This is paired with a House Baked Pretzel.

Appearance: Head is delicious with nice lacing. Head retention is strong. Color is a cloudy brown with hints of amber.

Smell: Fruity hops (almost floral) very fruity. Lemons, oranges, grapes, grapefruit, apples, pears, peaches, and definitely bananas. Maybe slight vinegar. It's a nice smell for an IPA.

Taste: Pretty bad. For an IPA casking it does not help this. The flavor falls flat on its face. I get some astringent hops and almost nothing else. Where did the smell go?

Mouthfeel: This is a no-go. Casking an IPA ruins everything I want in an IPA. This is the anti-chewy that I so desire. Non chewy in every way. It's slick and kinda gross.

Drinkability: Low. Easy to drink. I am "Able" to drink more but I don't want to. This is a toss away beer for me. Deschutes keep experimenting! (This is an experimental beer)

Pairing Score: D+ Mostly the pretzel.

The Greens IPA from Deschutes Brewery