Pompion | Deschutes Brewery

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Availability: Fall

Added by kwjd on 12-10-2010

4.29/5  rDev 0%

Mace and coriander hit you right away, does not have a generic pumpkin pie spice taste as the nutmeg is reserved but not absent. No detectable cinnamon but I might of missed of it, it has been sometime and I am reading from a journal that is stained in beer.

Citrus finish, would drink again.

4.37/5  rDev 0%

Had this on nitro-tap at the Deschutes brewpub in Portland. Pours a copper-orange colour with thick white head that doesn't dissipate. Some mild lacing down the glass. Smells like sweet pumpkin pie, almost the exact ratio of spices my mom uses in her pie, which makes it awesome for me. Nice fresh pumpkin flavour too. Quite a sweet beer, one of the better tasting pumpkin beers I've had. Very smooth mouthfeel from the nitro make this creamier, more similar to the texture of pumpkin pie even.

Pompion from Deschutes Brewery