Double Impact | Deschutes Brewery

deschutesbrewery.com

Style: Belgian IPA

Added by flagmantho on 07-29-2013

Reviews by flagmantho:

I had this beer on-tap in my OBF pint glass at Oregon Brewers Festival.

Appearance: nice golden, almost silvery-golden hue, with a little effervescence and a nice haze. A bright white head sits atop; nice!

Smell: a little bit spicy, with a little tangerine and citrus character thrown in. There's also a little indefinable fruitiness that I think must come from the Belgian yeast. I like it.

Taste: moderately sweet and fruity with a little tangerine and a little graininess. I feel like it is growing on me as I drink it; good stuff.

Mouthfeel: medium body with a smooth, satisfying creaminess.

Overall: a good, drinkable brew; the sum of the parts are equal to the whole. I would like to see Deschutes bottle this so that I can buy it and drink a lot of it.

4.25/5  rDev +6.8%