Red Velvet | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by JHamm on 02-05-2012

4.5/5  rDev 0%

3.68/5  rDev 0%

This fruit beer, available only at the brewpub, is a combination of Fort and champagne.

Appearance - has a nice golden-reddish hue. carbonation bubbles up nicely. moreso than I've seen in other beers. could be a contribution of the champagne of course. overall appearance is very warm and appealing.

smell - tart raspberries and alcohol. not much else.

taste - somewhat boozy. raspberries come across slightly. Not as strong as Fort but they're there. The champagne does come across in the carbonation that really livens up the drink.

mouthfeel - bubbly at first but smooths out nicely. A very dry finish. Not heavy at all and overall very refreshing.

overall - this will hit you. At 18% I only needed one and I felt it. I enjoyed the combination of this style of fruit beer and champagne and it made for an interesting drink. It was a bit more boozy than I had anticipated but overall the dry finish and tartness helped balance it out.

Red Velvet from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery